This homepage, just like the Foobot itself, is under development.
From the Sourceforge project description:
"The Foobot is yet another IRC bot, written in perl and easily
extendable through an event based plugin system. It offers parser
and wrapper functions for the complete RFC 1459 and more in
The Foobot is released under the General Public License.
A more or less working copy of version 1 can be obtained at http://www.sourceforge.net/projects/foobot/.
- Multiple connections (for parallel DCC-, HTTP-connections, etc...)
- user tracking
- user authentication
- remote administration and configuration
- timed events
- IRC based help system
- improved autoreply (!trigger)
- more comments in all files
- better README and INSTALL
- better (more) example conigurations
- tutorial: how to write a plugin
- description of available utilities and helper functions
- description of available events
- code structure explained (if possible)
- online manual
- plugin API documentation
- download section
- plugin collection
Relaunching the project may be the easiest way to resolve
many of the above problems.
- Sebastian Panknin, <doorn at web.de>
- Hendrik Schnepel, <hsch at mooseware.de>
- Steven Smyth